Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.

Pub owner died after being electrocuted when he ‘grabbed live electrical wire while taking a photo’ on Himalayas holiday

A PUB owner died after being electrocuted when he grabbed a live wire while taking a photo on holiday in the Himalayas, an inquest has heard.

Ivan Brown, 71, was six weeks into a two-month trip around India when he tragically passed away on April 2.

The landlord, from Norwich, was taking pictures of the mountain range when he fell and grabbed onto the electrical cord, his daughter Natalie said.

And now an inquest at Norfolk Coroner’s Court concluded today that his cause of death was electrocution.

The court heard Ivan was in the town of Dalhousie, in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, with a friend when he died.

His family told ITV News Anglia at the time they were still coming to terms with the loss.

They said: “We are just all absolutely distraught and heartbroken that we have lost the heart and soul of our family.”

Hemant Thakur, deputy superintendent of Dalhousie police, claimed the Norwich man had climbed onto the roof of an under-construction building to take a photo.

Thakur said Ivan then went too close to a transmission line and came into contact with a live wire – which killed him instantly.

Senior coroner Jacqueline Lake adjourned the inquest until October 17.

Tributes poured in for Ivan with many calling him a “great landlord”.

Ivan bought pubs The Murderers and Gardeners Arms in his hometown in 1984, making him well-known in the area.

Read the full article here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *